TERMS OF SERVICE (UPDATED NOVEMBER 28, 2017)
This agreement exists between the user("You") and VMX LIMITED. Any subsequent reference to ulingo refers solely to mobile application and not to VMX company.
Your use of ulingo is subject to these Terms of Service (these "Terms"). Thank you for reviewing these Terms – we hope you enjoy using ulingo.
1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE
1. By installing, using, or accessing ulingo’s products, services, or websites (collectively the "Service") You signify your agreement to
(1) these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service"),
2. Although ulingo may attempt to notify You when major changes are made to the Terms of Service, You should periodically review the most up-to-date version at www.ulingoapp.com/termsofservice. ulingo may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise the Terms of Service at any time, and You agree to be bound by such modifications or revisions.
2. ulingo ACCOUNTS
1. In order to access some features of the Service, You will have to create a ulingo account. You may not use another user's account without permission. When creating your account, You must provide accurate and complete information. You are responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and You must keep your account password secure. You must notify ulingo immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
2. ulingo will not be liable for any losses to You caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
3. You also may be banned if you take any other action that ulingo determines is harmful to the Service or the use of the Service by others, or is in violation of applicable law.
3. GENERAL USE OF THE SERVICE
ulingo grants You permission to access and use the Service as set forth in the Terms of Service, provided that:
1. You agree not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
2. You agree not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless you obtain ulingo's prior written approval:
(1) the sale of access to the Service; or
(2) the sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service, including any content shared on the Service.
3. In your use of the Service, You will comply with all applicable laws.
4. ulingo reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.
4. YOUR USE OF CONTENT
In addition to the general restrictions above, the following restrictions and conditions apply specifically to your use of musical content (“Content”):
1. Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos on the Service, are owned by or licensed to ulingo, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
2. You may access Content for your personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service and as permitted under the Terms of Service. You shall not copy, distribute, broadcast, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of ulingo or the respective licensors of the Content. ulingo and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
3. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
4. You understand and acknowledge that You may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies You have or may have against ulingo with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless ulingo, its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Service.
5. YOUR CONTENT; LICENSE TO ulingo
1. As a ulingo account holder, You may submit Content to the Service. You understand that ulingo does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any Content you submit.
2. You shall be solely responsible for your own Content and the consequences of submitting your Content on the Service. You affirm, represent, and warrant that You own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content You submit; and You license to ulingo all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to such Content for publication on the Service pursuant to the Terms of Service.
3. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Content. However, by submitting Content to ulingo, You hereby grant ulingo a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, monetize, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and ulingo's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under the Terms of Service.
4. You understand and agree that ulingo may retain a copy of Your Content at least for 90 days when you perform in-apps sharing with others. Further, You understand and agree that any Content you have submitted, as thereafter modified by any other user of the Services, which has been previously downloaded by any other user or person will remain within the control of such user or person.
5. You further agree that Content You submit to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third party proprietary rights, unless You have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant ulingo all of the license rights granted herein.
6. ulingo expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content. ulingo does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and ulingo will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. ulingo reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
6. ACCOUNT TERMINATION POLICY
1. ulingo will terminate a user's access to the Service if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to have infringed the Terms of Service.
2. ulingo reserves the right to decide whether Content violates the Terms of Service for reasons other than copyright infringement, such as, but not limited to, pornography, obscenity, or excessive length. ulingo may at any time, without prior notice and in its sole discretion, remove such Content and/or terminate a user's account for submitting such material in violation of the Terms of Service.
If You purchase products or services directly from ulingo, You authorize ulingo to charge You the applicable fees, including any ongoing charges for subscription renewals, through the designated payment method. You understand and acknowledge that ulingo may adjust the pricing for its products and services in the future and that You will be charged such adjusted fees on a going forward-basis after notice to You from ulingo. If You purchase a subscription from ulingo, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of each subscription term until You cancel the subscription. If You cancel a subscription, Your subscription will terminate at the end of Your current subscription period. You acknowledge that any payments You make to ulingo are non-refundable. ulingo may, at its discretion, provide You with a credit or refund, but such issuance of a credit or refund does not obligate ulingo to provide You credits or refunds in the future.
8. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENTS
If You are an intellectual property owner or agent thereof and believe that any Content on the Service infringes any rights that You own or represent, then You may submit a notification of claimed infringement and we will respond accordingly. Please see www.ulingo.com/copyright for further information on how to submit a notification of claimed infringement. The terms and conditions set forth at www.ulingo.com/copyright, including our Repeat Infringer Policy, are hereby incorporated into and made a part of these Terms of Service.
9. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER
You agree that your use of the services shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, ulingo its officers, directors, employees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the service and your use thereof. ulingo assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the service, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of ulingo’s servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the service, (iv) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the service by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content made available via the service. ulingo does not endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the service or featured in any banner or other advertising, and ulingo will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall ulingo, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the service, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of ulingo’s servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the service, (iv) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the service by any third party, and/or (v) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content made available via the service, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not you are advised of the possibility of such damages.
The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction.
You specifically acknowledge that ulingo shall not be liable for content or the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
The Service is controlled and offered by ulingo from its facilities in Hong Kong. ulingo makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ulingo, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the Service; (ii) your violation of any term of the Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your Content caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the Terms of Service and your use of the Service.
12. ABILITY TO ACCEPT TERMS OF SERVICE
You affirm that you are either 13 years of age or older, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into and comply with the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in the Terms of Service.
You acknowledged that ulingo is providing a self-learning social platform, it is up to individual to improve your knowledge by using the service.
The Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by You, but may be assigned by ulingo without restriction.
You agree that: (i) the Service shall be deemed solely based in Hong Kong; and (ii) the Service does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over ulingo, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than Hong Kong. The Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the State of Hong Kong, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Any claim or dispute between You and ulingo that arises in whole or in part from the Service shall be decided exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in San Francisco, Hong Kong. If any provision of the Terms of Service is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision, and any failure by ulingo to assert any right or provision under the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. ulingo reserves the right to amend the Terms of Service at any time without notice. It is your responsibility to review the Terms of Service for any changes. Your use of the Service following any amendment of the Terms of Service will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms.
YOU AND ULINGO AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.